- Lady Foxes earn wins ELKVILLE -- The Hamilton County Lady Foxes played several games this week, including the Elkville Tournament. On April 14, Hamilton County hosted Goreville. The Lady Foxes took an early lead and never lost it, taking the win, 4-1. Hamilton County the
- Junior Lady Foxes win regional crown McLEANSBORO -- The Hamilton County Junior High girls basketball team captured a regional championship on Saturday. With the win, the Junior Lady Foxes advance to the Southern Illinois Junior High School Athletic Association Class L state tournament w
- Foxes struggle during week McLEANSBORO -- The Hamilton County baseball team played several fierce games this week. The Foxes began their week on April 14 as they hosted Goreville. Hamilton County played a tough game, but came up short in a 5-3 loss. The Foxes next traveled to
- Bowling HAMILTON COUNTY QUEEN PINS Standings as of Jan. 18 TEAM W L Farris' 44 28 Auten's 39 33 Banterra 38 34 Peoples 37 35 Harre 34 38 1Dra 33.5 38.5 Melton 33.5 38.5 HCTC 29 43 HIGH GAME Marilynn Melton 192 HIGH SERIES
- Drone breaks school record McLEANSBORO -- The Hamilton County girls track team hosted the Lady Foxes Invitational on April 14. Hamilton County had two very strong runners stand out at the meet, even under poor conditions. Freshman Leslie Drone ran very well, placing first in t
- Softball scores two wins McLEANSBORO -- The Hamilton County softball team played a series of tough games last week. On Mar. 21, the Lady Foxes traveled to Crab Orchard. Hamilton County played strong, scoring 12 runs and allowing only 7 in their opening game. Hamilton County
- Hamilton Foxes advance record By JON O'DANIEL McLEANSBORO -- The Hamilton County baseball team played several games this week, advancing their record to 2-1. The Foxes hosted Pickneyville in an early game on Mar. 26. Hamilton County struggled in the first inning, giving up nine
- Athletes honored McLEANSBORO -- Hamilton County held its winter sports awards on March 10. The Foxes held three awards meetings beginning at 6 p.m. The cheer team was the first to be recognized. Coach Cindy Billington presented awards to three cheerleaders. The Most
Athletes receive IHSA honors
Hamilton County Senior High athletics have received several honors from the Illinois High School Association.
Two advance in three-point contest
Two Hamilton County boys advanced in the three point contest held at Regionals.
- More Sports Headlines